There is no university in the country like Creighton University in terms of size, array of professional and graduate programs, and strong commitment to Catholic and Jesuit ideals and values. Nationally recognized for providing challenging and balanced educational experiences through its nine colleges and schools, Creighton offers rigorous academics to more than 7,700 undergraduate, graduate and professional students as it seeks to educate the whole person – academically, socially and spiritually. Located in Omaha and founded in 1878, Creighton attracts students from all 50 states and around the world, preparing them to meet the leadership demands of a rapidly changing global society through innovative, multi-disciplinary education.
As one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, Creighton emphasizes critical and creative thinking, leadership and service to others, in tandem with acquiring knowledge and professional skills. Creighton exists to form graduates who seek to create a more just world.
Service at All Levels
One of Creighton University’s core values is its dedication to service. There are five ways in which we carry out our mission of service for and with others:
- Professional Education, more commonly called "field education/clinicals," is skill-based with emphasis on the student's professional development. Conducted under the close supervision of faculty and/or community professionals, students apply course work to real life situations.
- Service-Learning is a holistic, educational partnership between the instructor, community and students that integrates service into an academic course in a context of personal growth, shared reflection and moral and social responsibility.
- Community Service enables members of the Creighton community to carry out the Jesuit mission of service for and with others through a variety of extra-curricular volunteer opportunities ranging from one-time projects to commitments involving significant time and reflection.
- Faculty/Staff Outreach describes the many presentations and time devoted to service on boards, commissions and committees that faculty and staff give to the community - locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Community Resource involves provision of University venues for the educational and personal enrichment of the larger community.
Discover the professional and personal benefits of joining the Creighton community. Call us at 866.717.6365 to learn more about the University and our online programs, or request more information.