Doctor of Education in Leadership: Building Leaders for the Greater Good
True leaders do more than just help an organization become successful-they institute and lead changes that benefit society. Creighton University's online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership builds on the University's Jesuit, Catholic tradition of social justice, self-reflection and service to create leaders with the vision, commitment, and know-how to become agents of transformational change.
Taught by Creighton faculty from the fields of arts and sciences, business, pharmacy and health professions, medicine and law, the online Doctor of Education in Leadership offers a unique interdisciplinary view of the field that is applicable across a range of industries, especially business, education, and health care.
Leadership for the 21st Century
In a globalized society facing financial, environmental, and social hardships, farsighted and ethical leaders devise strategies for growth and change that merge with goals for the common good. The interdisciplinary nature of the Doctor of Education in Leadership program encourages this broadened, socially aware perspective across the curriculum.
Outcomes of the program include:
- The ability to use self-reflection as a tool for professional and personal growth
- A knowledge of how to apply organizational, leadership, and change theories to your workplace
- The development of effective interpersonal and organizational communication techniques
- An understanding of funding and budgeting practices and legal principles
- The ability to identify and implement technology to promote systemic change
- A creative outlook on ways to design, develop, apply, and assess ideas to improve practice
- A framework for leadership rooted in faith, justice, and ethics with an international perspective
- For students who qualify, the option to earn your K-12 Administrator (Superintendent) Certificate1
Show Your Dedication to Leadership
The online Doctor of Education in Leadership from Creighton University offers the most current concepts and theories of leadership and the opportunity to use your workplace as a laboratory for research on their real-world applications.
As educational requirements rise and competition for jobs and advancement heats up, a Doctor of Education will help highlight your level of commitment and study to this field.
Learn more about the online Ed.D in Leadership at Creighton: call us at 866.717.6365 to speak to an Admissions Representative or request more information today.