Q. How long are the courses?
A. Each course lasts 8 weeks, except for the seminars (ILD 808, 809, and 810), the practicum (ILD 811), and the dissertation (ILD 899).
Q. What are the admission requirements for the program, and what is the admissions process?
A. Students seeking admission to the Ed.D Program in Leadership should have a master's or equivalent professional degree from an accredited institution.
Applicants must submit the following documents before a candidate review can begin:
- A completed formal application for admission, together with a $50 nonrefundable application fee; a letter of application; and a title page containing your name, address, work and home telephone numbers; your e-mail address, your employing institution name and address, your position, and the dates held.
- An official transcript of all college work attempted and completed, sent directly from each institution attended. Photocopies from students are not acceptable.
- A copy of your resumé that includes leadership experience and personal statement of goals related to leadership
- An essay (maximum of 2 pages) describing your leadership experience and goals related to leadership.
- Two samples of writing and/or research. Ideal samples include papers you have done for classes in your master's program, such as a thesis or field project, or reports or documents done in conjunction with your employment.
- Three recommendations from individuals familiar with your academic background, leadership potential, achievements, and personal qualities.
- All foreign applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have the scores sent to Creighton unless they can demonstrate proficiency in English in some other way. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 80 (internet-based test) is required.
- A personal interview may also be required.
A program admissions committee will recommend admission after weighing the application, background, interest and promise of the prospective student. Students will be notified by the Dean of the Graduate School regarding final action and disposition of the application.
Q. I am a student seeking an Iowa educator license. What will be required of me to obtain my license in Iowa once I complete the Superintendent track?
A. Students seeking Iowa educator license are advised that successful completion of this institution's program(s) of a educator licensure by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners. A candidate seeking licensure in the state of Iowa must first be licensed/certified as an educator in the state of Nebraska. This institution shall assist a candidate in contacting the appropriate licensing board prior to the candidate's completion of this institution's program(s) of educator preparation and will assist the candidate in obtaining their Nebraska credential contingent upon succesful completion of the program. Candidates seeking subsequent licensure from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners must contact thet Board (515/281-5849; http://www.boee.iowa.gov) for licensure requirements in Iowa.
Q. Is there a residency requirement?
A. Yes. There are two residencies that will take place on the Creighton University campus in Omaha, Nebraska.
Q. Is the program available on campus?
A. No. At this time we offer the Ed.D program in the online format only.
Q. How many courses do I take per academic term?
A. Most of our adult students who are working full-time take one online course per eight-week session. You can expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours per week on your coursework.
Q. What are the technology requirements for this program?
A. View this site for the answer
If you have additional questions, call 866.717.6365 to speak to an Admissions Representative, or request more information today.