Issues concerning the ethical, legal and social implications of advances in medical technology and clinical medicine are on the rise. From advances in transplantation to new legislation that provides health care access to underserved and vulnerable populations, professionals with advanced training in ethical decision making are needed to address the moral challenges of today and the evolving challenges of tomorrow. Creighton University’s online MS in health care ethics provides that training.
The program curriculum incorporates the University’s core Catholic and Jesuit values of conscience, compassion, and concern for poor and marginalized groups and individuals throughout each course offered as part of the masters in health care ethics program. Students who complete the MS in health care ethics degree will be able to:
- Discern and discuss ethical dilemmas in health care
- Apply ethical principles and theories to health care practices
- Think critically in response to new and emerging health care issues
- Educate others about ethical issues in health care
- Facilitate conversations in ethically complex situations
Study at a World Renowned Center for Ethical Thought
Housed within Creighton University’s Center for Health Policy and Ethics, one of the largest centers of its kind globally, the online Master’s and Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics provide access to a faculty of internationally recognized scholars, philosophers, and authors—all of whom hold the highest degree in their field. The faculty at the Center for Health Policy and Ethics in the Creighton University School of Medicine have served some of the leading organizations in the field of health care ethics, including the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities and the Association for Death Education and Counseling.
Creighton’s Health Care Ethics program admits highly accomplished practitioners from across the globe looking to expand their area of competency to include medical ethics and to enhance their ability to make informed decisions in complex situations. Students come from all over the country with diverse backgrounds bringing unique perspectives and networking opportunities for those within the program.
Why Creighton’s graduate programs in Health Care Ethics?
One of the best ways to advance your health care career is to pursue continuing medical education. With a master’s degree in ethics, you will become a more well-rounded health care professional capable of providing competent, compassionate care to patients. You will also learn how to navigate legal issues and ethical dilemmas that might otherwise threaten your ability to earn a living.
More than a question of why study health care ethics, why study ethics at Creighton University?
- Ranked: The Center for Health Policy and Ethics is housed within the Creighton University School of Medicine, one of the top 100 medical schools in the country according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Accelerated: The MS in Health Care Ethics program consist of 33 credit hours, which means you can earn your Master’s in Health Care Ethics in as little as 18 months. You can also choose the shorter graduate certificate option and complete the program in less than one year.
- Applicable: Our students and graduates are able to discern ethical ambiguities, controversies and assumptions facing practitioners in today’s complex healthcare landscape. The skills and competencies you will learn during your studies are directly applicable to your current or future career in health care.
- Online: Creighton is one of the few major accredited universities to offer a fully-online masters in health care ethics. The flexible nature of the online program allows you to earn your MS while working full time and taking care of other responsibilities outside of the classroom.
Influence ethical outcomes with Creighton University's online graduate programs in Health Care Ethics. Call 866.717.6365 to speak to an Admissions Representative or request more information today.