Leadership (Bachelor of Science)
To earn the Bachelor of Science with a Major in Leadership degree at Creighton University, you must complete 128 credits:
36 Credits for Major Requirements
- 21 credits in Program Core Courses
- Introduction to Integrated Leadership Studies
- Strategic Leadership & Project Management
- Ethical Dimensions of Leadership
- Financial and Quantitative Dimensions of Leadership
- One of the following: Leadership and Social Justice: Faith Traditions and Global Perspectives OR Social Justice: In Thought and Action
- Theories of Leadership and Organizational Change
- Leadership Capstone
- 15 Credits in Elective Courses
- Additional 15 credits from ILS courses numbered 300 or above. Non-ILS courses with leadership relevance may be applied to major electives with approval of the program director.
35 Credits in Magis Core Curriculum
- Contemporary Composition
- Critical Issues in Human Inquiry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Philosophical Ideas
- The Christian Tradition
- Understanding Natural Science
- Understanding Social Science
- Global Perspectives in History
- The Biblical Tradition
42 Remaining Credits
This program generously accepts up to 80 hours of credit from other institutions. A minimum of 48 hours of the program must be completed at Creighton University; 64 hours if graduating with honors. Credits may be earned through the following methods:
- Transfer credits –For information on how many credits may apply to your degree, request an unofficial transcript review.
- Credit by examination – You can demonstrate learning objectives and gain credit through standardized national exams such as the CLEP, DSST, FLATS, AP and IB.
- American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service – you can transfer credits from ACE transcripts.
- Military – You can earn credit for military training and experience by providing transcripts from ACE, CCAF, AART, JST, SMART, and the US Coast Guard Institute
- Prior learning portfolio – in this 3-credit course, you’ll create a portfolio of supporting documentation that demonstrates learning outcomes so you can gain college credit (no more than 30 credits).
- Elective courses
Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s Option
Highly qualified and motivated students can complete both the Bachelor of Science with a Major in Leadership and Master of Science in Organizational Leadership at an accelerated pace. Participating students can apply as many as 12 credit hours of graduate-level coursework toward both of their degrees.
- High school transcript or GED
- Completed application. Must include the following documents:
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member who can speak to your performance in an academic or work setting
- Official transcripts from all accredited educational institutions attended
- Active duty military/veterans: Submit JST, CCAF, or DLA transcript
- Completed FAFSA if you’re planning to apply for financial aid
For questions about financial aid, contact:
finaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
Program Start Dates
August and January
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Application materials must be received at least two weeks prior to your intended start date.
Certificate in Organizational Leadership (15 credits)
- The courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership serve as the foundation for the master’s degree. Learn the fundamentals behind leadership, communication and management best practices.
- Credits earned for a certificate can be applied toward a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Available entirely online.
A full listing of courses offered for the Certificate in Organizational Leadership can be found in the course catalog.
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (36 credits)
- The courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership serve as the foundation for the program’s master’s degree. Complete elective courses in various fields, alongside a concentration in leading in business settings, health care leadership or organizational leadership, to earn the master’s degree.
- Credits earned for the certificate in Organizational Leadership can be applied toward a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Highly qualified and motivated students can complete both the Bachelor of Science with a Major in Leadership and Master of Science in Organizational Leadership at an accelerated pace. Participating students can apply as many as 12 credit hours of graduate-level coursework toward both of their degrees.
- Dual degree options are also available. Earn a Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution or a Master of Business Administration in addition to the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) in less time than it would take to complete both programs separately. See the MSOL program page for more information.
- Available entirely online.
A full listing of courses offered for the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership can be found in the course catalog.