Ministry (Master of Arts)
Other Programs Available
To earn a Master of Arts in Ministry at Creighton University, you must complete 46 credits:
- 36 credits of accelerated, online theology courses. These courses are offered throughout the year in eight-week, online units.
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Ecclesiology: Theology of Church and Ministry
- Moral Theology and Decision Making
- Worship, Liturgy, and Sacrament
- Theology and Catechesis
- Ministerial Ethics and Leadership Skills
- Historical Development of Fundamental Doctrine
- Canon Law, Catholic Identity, and Ecumenism
- Christian Prayer and Spirituality
- Historical Spiritualties in the Christian Tradition (hybrid course – includes a short residency each fall through the course of the program)
- 4 credits of professional and personal development
- Orientation to Study and Ministry
- Personal Human and Spiritual Development of the Minister
- Introduction to Psychological Issues in Ministry
- Lay Spiritual Movements
- 4 credits from internship experience
- Each internship can be worth 1-4 credits.
- 2 remaining credits
- Synthesis in Lay Ecclesial Ministry
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree, regardless of field, with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include coursework in theology (at least nine credits)
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
Creighton University awards all Master of Arts in Ministry students a 50 percent tuition remission, resulting in a rate of $425 per credit for the 2017-18 academic year. Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Additional fees are charged each semester per credit hour for one to seven credit hours. An additional cost per credit hour applies to students taking more than seven credit hours.
For information on applicable fees, learn more on the Tuition and Fees page.
Summer Housing & Meals
Housing is available for students attending on-campus residencies in the summer. This housing consists of a shared suite that includes two private bedrooms, a shared bathroom, a small common living space with some furniture, a microwave and a small refrigerator.
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
Dual Degree: Master of Negotiation & Conflict Resolution (MS-NCR) / Master of Arts in Ministry (MAM)
- Learn to take a ministry-focused approach to conflict resolution and earn two master’s degrees. This program combines the foundational courses of the Negotiation and Conflict Resolution program with the core Ministry curriculum.
- See a full course listing in the course catalog
- Available in a hybrid format
Program Start Date